|Primary Duties and|
Position Purpose: Teaching in the undergraduate audio engineering technology program. Participate in academic advising, student mentoring, research and scholarly activity, and department, college, and university service.
- Complete 24 workload hours, or equivalent, per academic year.
- Advise and mentor students in research and other class-related projects.
- Engage in activities to support the mission and vision of Belmont University and the college in which you teach.
- Participate in departmental and university committee work.
- Engage in scholarly activity and professional development.
- Advise students in course selection and degree completion.
- Participate in a local church and the community.
- Abide by all relevant university and/or department procedures and policies.
- Manage online grading system.
- Timely submission of book orders, if textbooks required.
- Maintain regular office hours.
- The above statements describe the job’s essential responsibilities and requirements. They are not an exhaustive list of the duties that may be assigned to job incumbents.
|Required Qualifications:||Belmont University seeks to attract and retain highly qualified faculty and staff that share the University's values and will contribute to its mission and vision to be a leader among teaching universities bringing together the best of liberal arts and professional education in a Christian community of learning and service. |
Knowledge of principles, methods and current developments in the field of study.Knowledge of subject matter and course content taught.Demonstrated ability to advise, instruct, manage, motivate, and evaluate students. Skilled in the use of Apple computers, Microsoft Office software, Avid Pro tools software, and Internet resources. Ability to learn relevant sections of Belmont University's online integrated database systems, BannerWeb, for student records management. Ability to integrate technology into the teaching and learning process, including the use of online teaching and learning tools including Blackboard and Schoology.Demonstrated capacity to engage in high quality scholarly activity.Ability to successfully interact with students, other educators and educational institution representatives, and the general public in a professional manner.Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.Knowledge of the programs and services offered by Belmont University. Interest and ability to work collaboratively in course design and to teach interdisciplinary and topical courses.Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
| || |
|Required Education||Master’s degree in a related field required. Master’s degree with progress towards a terminal degree in a related field preferred.|
| || |
|Required Experience||Commitment to teaching excellence required. Combination of relevant professional experience and higher education teaching experience preferred.|