Assistant Professor of Sport Administration
We are now accepting applications for a qualified Assistant Professor of Sport Administration at Belmont University.
|Employment Type |
|Internal Job Category|
Tenure Track (Faculty)
|Primary Duties and|
- Complete 24 workload hours, or equivalent, per academic year.
- Teaching sport administration courses within the
Department of Sport Administration.
- Advise and mentor students in research and other class-related projects.
- Engage in activities to support the mission and vision of Belmont University and the college in which you teach.
- Participate in departmental and university committee work.
- Engage in scholarly activity and professional development.
- Advise students in course selection and degree completion.
- Participate in a local church and the community.
- Abide by all relevant university and/or department procedures and policies.
- Manage online grading system.
- Timely submission of book orders, if textbooks required.
- Maintain regular office hours.
- The above statements describe the job’s essential responsibilities and requirements. They are not an exhaustive list of the duties that may be assigned to job incumbents.
|Required Qualifications:||Belmont University seeks to attract and retain highly qualified faculty and staff that share the University's values and will contribute to its mission and vision to be a leader among teaching universities bringing together the best of liberal arts and professional education in a Christian community of learning and service. |
Knowledge of principles, methods and current developments in the field of study.Knowledge of subject matter and course content taught.Knowledge of instructional strategies and techniques.Demonstrated capacity to engage in high quality scholarly activity.Demonstrated ability to advise, instruct, manage, motivate and evaluate students.Skilled in the use of computers, Internet resources, and MS Office software.Ability to learn relevant sections of BannerWeb, Belmont University’s online integrated database system for student grading.Ability to integrate technology into the teaching and learning process.Ability to successfully interact with students, other educators and educational institution representatives, and the general public in a professional manner.Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.Knowledge of the programs and services offered by Belmont University. Interest and ability to work collaboratively in course design and to teach interdisciplinary and topical courses.Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies.
| || |
|Required Education||An earned Ph.D. or progress toward the terminal degree in Sport Administration or related field is required.|
| || |
- University-level teaching experience in sport administration.
- Demonstrated effective professional experience in field of sport administration.
The selected candidate will be required to complete a background check satisfactory to the University.
Belmont University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.