|Primary Duties and|
Under supervision of the Course Materials Manager and the
Director of the Belmont Store, this person would share all operational duties
of the Belmont Bruin Books Course Materials department as assigned. Belmont
University course materials include textbooks, bundles, custom printed
materials, course supplies, ebooks, with some inclusive access materials.
Currently most order fulfillment occurs via online ordering and campus delivery
through an online agreement with MBS. The Assistant Course materials Manager
will play an instrumental role in the University’s goal of inclusive access
fulfillment for all materials.
- Manage course materials processes that may
include adoptions, purchasing, receiving, sales, returns, buyback and inventory
management for the Belmont Bruin Books program. 50%
- Serve as a liaison with faculty and campus
administration for problem solving and special orders. 10%
- Will substitute for the Manager
should the need arise. 5%
- Train and manage the Bruin Books program seasonal and
student help. 10%
- Key team member in the Inclusive Access migration,
providing feedback, guidance, and support for the program. 10%
- Instrumental in developing marketing and promotional
plans for the Course Materials program, working closely with the Manager and
the Belmont Store E-Commerce team. 10%
- Represent the department at select campus
meetings and promote Belmont Bruin Books at outside meetings and association
- The above statements describe the job’s essential responsibilities and requirements. They are not an exhaustive list of the duties that may be assigned to job incumbents.
|Required Qualifications:||Belmont University seeks to attract and retain highly qualified faculty and staff that share the University's values and will contribute to its mission and vision to be a leader among teaching universities bringing together the best of liberal arts and professional education in a Christ-centered community of learning and service. |
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and the ability to respond to high-pressure situations. Ability to thrive in an environment of hard work.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to relate to students and provide courteous, caring service during stressful times.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to react quickly and solve problems independently.
- Understand the University course material marketplace.
| || |
|Required Education||Education: University degree in Business, Education or related field preferred. High School completion required. Relevant combination of education and experience considered.
| || |
|Required Experience||3+ years in an academic setting that is closely associated with student academic success. University Bookstore experience preferred.
| || |
|Working Conditions & Physical Requirements||Mostly office work with extended periods of computer data entry. Lifting 30 lbs. boxes of books, shelving boxes, and walking for order fulfillment required during first weeks of each semester.|