Faculty Fellow (Pool)
We are now accepting applications for a qualified Faculty Fellow (Pool) at Belmont University.
|Employment Type |
|Internal Job Category|
Non-Tenure Track (Faculty)
|Primary Duties and|
is seeking post-graduate persons in multiple disciplines to complete a two
year post-graduate program preparing them for an academic or industry career.
- Teach two to three courses per semester in the College
- Perform all functions related to the management of
coursework in higher education, including:
creation of new curriculum, teaching in classroom or laboratory
experiences, establishing assessment tools, and evaluation of coursework.
- Conduct an original research project.
- Provide sound input as a faculty member in the assigned
- Abide by all relevant university and/or
departmental procedures and policies.
- The above statements describe the job’s essential
responsibilities and requirements. They are not an exhaustive list
of the duties that may be assigned to job incumbents.
|Required Qualifications:||Belmont University seeks to attract and retain highly qualified faculty and staff that share the University's values and will contribute to its mission and vision to be a leader among teaching universities bringing together the best of liberal arts and professional education in a Christian community of learning and service. |
- Knowledge of principles, methods and current
developments in the field
- Knowledge of subject matter and course content taught.
- Ability to learn and apply instructional strategies and
- Willingness to instruct, manage, motivate and evaluate
- Skilled in the use of computers, Internet resources,
and MS Office software.
- Ability to learn relevant sections of BannerWeb,
Belmont University’s online integrated database system for student
- Ability to integrate technology into the teaching and
- Ability to successfully interact with students, other
educators and educational institution representatives, and the general
public in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of the programs and services offered by
Belmont University. Interest and ability to work collaboratively in course
design and to teach interdisciplinary and topical courses.
| || |
|Required Education||Doctorate degree required|
| || |
|Required Experience||Teaching experience is preferred|
The selected candidate will be required to complete a background check satisfactory to the University.
Belmont University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.